Dr. Jack Weiss
Jack L. Weiss, M.D, was born in Denver, Colorado. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of California, Los Angeles and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He received his medical degree with honors from the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. Following his ophthalmology residency at the University of California, San Diego, Dr. Weiss obtained specialty fellowship training in cataract, refractive and corneal surgery at the University of Minnesota.
Dr. Weiss has served as the Corneal Consultant to the U.S. Navy and has been part of the teaching faculty of Albany Medical College, Columbia University and the University of Minnesota. He has been in private practice in San Diego since 1982. During that time he has served as the President of the San Diego Eye Bank, as well as Chief of Ophthalmology for Scripps Encinitas Hospital, Sharp Memorial Hospital and Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, non¬salaried, at the University of California, San Diego.
Dr. Weiss received the prestigious award for outstanding research presentation at an annual meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He has published numerous scientific articles and lectured extensively throughout the United States. Dr. Weiss produced a teaching video with the American Academy of Ophthalmology to train eye surgeons to perform safer anesthetic techniques for cataract surgery. He specializes in advanced Cataract Phacoemulsification and Refractive Surgery.
Dr. Weiss has performed thousands of successful cataract and refractive surgeries. His practice is limited to corneal and refractive treatments. He performs topical anesthesia, small incision cataract surgery. He has been performing excimer laser surgery since 1996 and is experienced in LASIK, PRK, Intracorneal Segments (INTACS), and Advanced Lens Implant Technology.
- Medical Degree with Honors, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- Ophthalmology Residency, University of California, San Diego
- Fellowship in Cataract, Refractive and Corneal Surgery, University of Minnesota
- Undergraduate Degree, Summa Cum Laude, University of California, Los Angeles
Certifications and Affiliations:
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Member, Castroviejo Corneal Society
- Member, San Diego County Medical Society
- Member, of the Refractive Surgery Interest Group of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member, American Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Member, International Society of Refractive Surgery
- Assistant Clinical Professor, non-salaried, University of California, San Diego
- Staff Physician Ophthalmology, Veterans Administration Hospital, San Diego
- Senior Staff, Sharp Memorial Hospital, San Diego
- Director and Past President, San Diego Eye Bank