Choosing a LASIK Surgeon
When considering LASIK or any type of eye surgery or vision care treatment it is very important to select an experienced and highly skilled LASIK surgeon. Here in the San Diego area, there are many choices available to patients. With that in mind, Gordon Schanzlin New Vision Institute offers the following tips on how you can narrow down your search for a LASIK surgeon to doctors who have the expertise and dedication to patient satisfaction that will result in a positive experience and the best possible outcome for you.
How to Choose a LASIK Surgeon in San Diego
In your research, there are some questions to ask and details to explore that can help you in your search for a LASIK surgeon. Here are a few things to consider:
Is the LASIK surgeon considered an expert in the field of ophthalmology or vision correction?
- The LASIK surgeons at Gordon Schanzlin New Vision Institute are widely recognized as global leaders in the field of LASIK laser vision correction and refractive surgery. We were the first in the world to perform the all-laser custom LASIK procedure. Our surgeons also routinely train other vision care professionals on the latest treatment and refractive techniques. Additionally, our LASIK surgeons have won numerous awards, including the Jose I. Barraquer Award for making significant contributions to the refractive surgery field and scientific dedication awarded to Dr. David Schanzlin and the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s Achievement Award bestowed to Dr. Michael Gordon in recognition of his dedication to surgical excellence.
How many procedures has the LASIK surgeon performed?
- We have performed over 75,000 laser vision correction surgeries at Gordon Schanzlin New Vision Institute, and that’s not including the thousands who have been treated for cataracts, presbyopia, and a range of other eye and vision conditions.
Are you comfortable with the surgeon? Does he or she listen attentively to your concerns and fully answer your questions?
- The LASIK surgeons at Gordon Schanzlin New Vision Institute are dedicated to personalized service. We believe in empowering patients to make informed decisions for their eye health and vision care. We will take the time to answer any questions before and after your procedure. Read stories from actual patients to learn about the patient experience at Gordon Schanzlin New Vision Institute.
Has the LASIK surgeon written or co-written any published articles on refractive surgery and related topics?
- Dr. Michael Gordon is a celebrated LASIK surgeon who has been recognized as a leader in the field of refractive surgery and has published a number of articles in major medical journals. He is also a consultant for companies involved in the refractive surgery industry. Dr. David Schanzlin is a leading authority in his field, as a LASIK surgeon with over 25 years of experience in keratorefractive surgery and cornea studies. He has also appeared on several television news programs as an expert in LASIK and refractive surgery.
Has the LASIK surgeon ever been invited to speak at national or international conferences and symposia?
- The LASIK surgeons at Gordon Schanzlin New Vision Institute are well-known international lecturers on topics related to refractive surgery, and regularly speak at medical eye conventions across the United States.
Does the LASIK practice performed laboratory and clinical research in refractive surgery, or been involved in trials for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration?
- The doctors and LASIK surgeons at Gordon Schanzlin New Vision Institute are pioneers in the development of the excimer laser to correct nearsightedness and are involved in current investigations for the laser’s use in the correction of farsightedness and astigmatism. Members of our team participated in all stages of FDA investigations that eventually led to the approval of laser vision correction.
What kind of treatment options does the practice provide? Some of the latest procedures include:
The doctors and LASIK surgeons at Gordon Schanzlin New Vision Institute are skilled and experienced with a comprehensive range of vision care procedures. They are committed to providing patients with effective treatment options, attentive and compassionate care, and results that meet and exceed expectations. As you search for a qualified LASIK surgeon, we welcome any questions you may have about our credentials and the treatment options we provide.
Contact the LASIK Surgeons at Gordon Schanzlin New Vision Institute
Please call us at (858) 455-6800 or click here to email us with any questions you may have, or if you would like assistance with scheduling an eye evaluation.
Click Here to Contact Us Today