Dr. Michael Gordon
Call: 858-455-6800Request an Appointment
Michael Gordon, M.D. is a board-certified and award-winning ophthalmologist at Gordon Schanzlin New Vision Institute in San Diego, specializing in laser refractive LASIK, PRK, cataract procedures, and EVO Visian ICL. With over 35 years of experience performing LASIK and other vision correction surgeries, Dr. Gordon is widely recognized as a pioneer in vision correction and a leader in the field of refractive surgery. His notable achievements include performing the world’s first all laser High Definition Wavefront-guided laser surgery, and being the first surgeon to correct nearsightedness using the Summit excimer laser.
Dr. Gordon shares his extensive knowledge of vision correction by teaching other eye doctors, as well as publishing and lecturing at medical conferences all over the world. While serving as a role model to other eye surgeons, he also never stops seeking out new developments and advanced techniques that can benefit his patients and he has traveled world-wide to learn from other leaders in the field.
Dr. Gordon works to bring safe and effective vision correction procedures to the field of ophthalmology by serving as lead investigator in several FDA clinical trials. His outstanding work in refractive surgery was recognized by the American Academy of Ophthalmology when they awarded him a distinguished Achievement Award.
- Medical Degree State University of New York at Buffalo
- Fellowship Corneal and External Diseases,University of California, San Diego
- Ophthalmology Residency University of Colorado Medical Center, Denver
Certifications and Affiliations
- Founding Board Member of the International LASIK Institute
- Member, Medical Advisory Board, IntraLase
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Member, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member, International Society for Refractive Surgery
- Member, American Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member San Diego County Medical Association
- Member, Medical Advisory Board/Investigator, Anamed
Medical Advisory Board
The Patient Experience
I always thought my vision was pretty decent while wearing my contacts, but now that I’ve had LASIK, I see clarity and color on a whole new level. I honestly can’t believe I waited 15 years to do this. Life changing doesn’t begin to describe it.
The doctors at Gordon Schanzlin New Vision Institute have either authored or reviewed and approved this content.