Dr. Michael Gordon
In 1989 Dr. Gordon was the first surgeon in the United States to use the Summit excimer laser to correct nearsightedness and has lectured and taught excimer laser techniques all over the world. Dr. Gordon is the only surgeon to have been involved in all phases of clinical investigation for the Summit laser in the United States, prior to and up to approval. Dr. Gordon has taught laser vision correction to ophthalmologists all over the world and has published and presented many papers at medical conferences world-wide.
Over the years Dr. Gordon has been involved in every aspect of refractive surgery, traveling the world to learn and teach the latest refractive surgery techniques including, laser refractive cataract surgery. Dr. Gordon has performed thousands of LASIK procedures and is amongst the most experienced laser refractive surgeons in the world and was awarded the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s Achievement Award for his years of distinguished service.
Dr. Gordon is often a lead investigator in FDA clinical trials to study and improve the safety and effectiveness of vision correction treatments. He enjoys providing the latest technology for the best possible patient outcomes. His practice focuses on laser refractive LASIK, PRK and cataract procedures.
- Medical Degree, School of Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Ophthalmology Residency, University of Colorado Medical Center, Denver
- Fellowship in Corneal and External Diseases, University of California, San Diego
Certifications and Affiliations:
- Founding Board Member of the International LASIK Institute
- Member, Medical Advisory Board, IntraLase
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Member, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member, International Society for Refractive Surgery
- Member, American Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member San Diego County Medical Association
- Member, Medical Advisory Board/Investigator, Anamed
Medical Advisory Board :
- Revision Optics