Dr. Jack Weiss
A native of Denver, Colorado, Jack L. Weiss, M.D, is a Summa Cum Laude graduate of the University of California-Los Angeles, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. Dr. Weiss also attended the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, earning his medical degree with honors. He later completed his ophthalmology residency at the University of California-San Diego. Following his residency, Dr. Weiss attended the University of Minnesota for specialty fellowship training in cataract, refractive, and corneal surgery.
Dr. Weiss has been in private practice in San Diego for more than 30 years. He has also been part of the teaching faculty at Columbia University, Albany Medical College, and the University of Minnesota, and has served as the Corneal Consultant to the U.S. Navy. Dr. Weiss is a past President of the San Diego Eye Bank, and has served as Chief of Ophthalmology for Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group, Sharp Memorial Hospital, and Scripps Encinitas Hospital. He also contributes his expertise as a non-salaried Assistant Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of California-San Diego.
Dr. Weiss has performed thousands of cataract and refractive surgeries, and is experienced in LASIK, PRK, Intracorneal Segments (INTACS), and Advanced Lens Implant Technology. He is also proficient in small-incision laser refractive cataract surgery, and has been performing excimer laser surgery for nearly 20 years.
Dr. Weiss has been honored with many prestigious awards throughout his career, including recognition for Outstanding Research Presentation at an American Academy of Ophthalmology annual meeting. He has lectured across the United States and has published a variety of scientific articles. In addition, Dr. Weiss worked with the American Academy of Ophthalmology to create a teaching video to train eye surgeons in the performance of safer anesthetic techniques for cataract surgery procedures.
- Medical Degree with Honors, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- Ophthalmology Residency, University of California, San Diego
- Fellowship in Cataract, Refractive and Corneal Surgery, University of Minnesota
- Undergraduate Degree, Summa Cum Laude, University of California, Los Angeles
Certifications and Affiliations:
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Member, Castroviejo Corneal Society
- Member, San Diego County Medical Society
- Member, of the Refractive Surgery Interest Group of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member, American Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Member, International Society of Refractive Surgery
- Assistant Clinical Professor, non-salaried, University of California, San Diego
- Staff Physician Ophthalmology, Veterans Administration Hospital, San Diego
- Senior Staff, Sharp Memorial Hospital, San Diego
- Director and Past President, San Diego Eye Bank
For more information, or to schedule a consultation, please contact our practice today.